Sesame Chicken Strips
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Yield: Makes approximately 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced Vidalia sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1 cup crushed Ritz® crackers
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and prepare a rimmed sheet pan with a cooling rack placed on the sheet pan. Spray the pan and the cooling rack with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup mayonnaise, minced onion, and mustard.
- In another bowl, combine the crushed crackers and sesame seeds.
- Cut the chicken lengthwise into ¼-inch strips.
- Dip each chicken strip into the mayonnaise mixture and then into the crushed cracker mixture to coat. Continue until all chicken strips are coated in the cracker crumbs.
- Place the chicken strips onto the greased cooling rack in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the juices run clear. Check that a thermometer inserted into the thickest chicken strip reads 165°F or higher.
- While the chicken strips are baking, combine the remaining 1 cup mayonnaise with the honey.
- Serve the chicken strips immediately with the honey mayonnaise or honey mustard.