- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 stick (1/2 C) margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- Frosting (homemade or store bought-whichever you prefer)
- Mini Valentine’s Cookie Cutters
- Stand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Icing spatula or piping bag/ziploc bag
- Mini heart cookie cutter or other mini shapes
- Cooking spray
- 2-3 baking sheets
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your cake mix, margarine and egg with an electric mixer till well mixed.
- Roll into balls that are about an inch and a half in size. Place them on a cookie sheet, gently press them down so that they are slightly flattened.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow them to cool.
- Once they are cooled, set aside half of the cookies at the base, and use other half of cookies to cut out shapes in the center.
- Frost the cookies set aside earlier with cream cheese frosting (use your favorite recipe or keep it simple and use store bought). Then sandwich the cookies together.