Total time: 18 minutes
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups lightly salted popcorn (bagged popcorn is fine)
- 4 oz. Reese’s Pieces candy
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the marshmallows and butter and heat in your microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Stir once every minute and remove when marshmallows are melted completely.
- In a very large mixing bowl, add popcorn, and pour hot marshmallow mixture over
the popped corn. Gently stir until popcorn is well coated.
- Wait about 3 minutes to allow the marshmallow mixture to cool a bit (but not much longer because it will begin setting up quickly). Stir in the candy until well distributed.
- Lay out a large piece of waxed paper on your work surface to hold the completed popcorn balls. Take another piece of waxed paper about 12″ square, and spray one side lightly with cooking spray. Using the sprayed side of the paper, scoop a large handful of popcorn, and shape it into a ball inside the waxed paper. Peel the paper away, and place the shaped popcorn ball down to harden.
Continue this process until you have formed all the popcorn balls. You may need to spray the waxed paper you are working with a few times with cooking spray if the popcorn starts to stick too much, and you will probably need two pieces to get through the entire recipe because the first one will become too crumpled.
Notes: If you have latex or plastic kitchen gloves, they would probably be easier to use than this waxed paper method! Just spray the gloves with cooking spray, scoop the popcorn, and shape it into balls.