- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, and plus more for the grill
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Cutting board
- Meat tenderizer or rolling pin
- Grill for stovetop
- Two small bowls
- Pastry/basting brush
- Large plastic bag to pound chicken
- Place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave until melted then stir in honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add half of the honey mustard mixture to a second bowl.
- Preheat a grill to 425 degrees and pound thicker parts of chicken breasts in a plastic bag so they’re an even thickness and season both sides with salt and pepper, and brush grill grates lightly with oil.
- Grill chicken 5 minutes then brush top and with honey mustard glaze (reserving 2nd bowl of glaze for the end).
- Flip chicken to the opposite side, and brush the second side with honey mustard glaze and continue to grill until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer (center must register 165 on an instant-read thermometer).
- Brush both sides of chicken with remaining glaze from the second bowl and then let rest on a plate several minutes before serving and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.