Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 – 10 oz bag of marshmallows (reserve a handful of extras for his screws)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Green food coloring (4-5 drops)
- Black melting chocolate (semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate can be substituted)
- Slivered Almonds
- Candy eyes
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Once all lumps are gone, remove from heat and stir in green food coloring.
- When the marshmallow/butter mix is green to your liking, stir in the Rice Krispies cereal.
- Pour cereal/marshmallow mix into a greased 9×13″ dish and spread out evenly until about 1 1/2″ thick.
- Let the Rice Krispies set in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into rectangles. Place on wax paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt half the a bag of the melting chocolates in 30 second increments stirring in between. Continue to cook and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip one of the smaller ends of the treat into chocolate about 1 inch down to create the “hair”.
- Return to wax paper and let it harden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining treats.
- Using the black melting chocolate as glue, attach candy eyes just below the chocolate “hair”.
- Use extra chocolate to attach a slivered almond as Frankenstein’s mouth.
- Using the black frosting again as glue, attach marshmallows to both sides of the treat.
- Allow frosting to dry before packaging in cellophane bags. Enjoy!