A fan favorite, these family friendly treats are great for getting younger siblings or cousins involved in the kitchen with you. You can even melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave if you’d prefer.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 30
Yield: 6 footballs treats
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 6 cups chocolate crisped rice cereal such as Cocoa Krispies
- 1 package of white, pre-prepared, cookie icing
- This comes in a plastic soft pack with the attached piping tip and it dries hard. Betty Crocker makes a version, as well as Great Value store brand. If you’d prefer to make your own royal icing feel free to do so but the “laces” will only use a small amount!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray the parchment with baking spray very lightly
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows
- Turn off the heat and stir in cereal and mix until fully coated in marshmallow mixture
- Press the mixture into a roughly 9×12 rectangle. The mixture should be about 1 inch thick.
- Melt the chocolate coating according to package directions and spread over the top of the treats. Set aside to cool.
- Take the cooled Rice Krispie treats and cut them out into footballs using a lightly greased cookie cutter or free handing with a lightly greased butter knife. Use the cookie icing to draw laces on the footballs
- Allow to cool and harden before packaging