A fan favorite, these family friendly treats are great for getting younger siblings or cousins involved in the kitchen with you. You can even melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave if you’d prefer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 -10 oz bag marshmallows
- 6 cups plain rice krispies
- 1 package of green, pre-prepared, cookie icing
- 1 tube of white, pre-prepared, cookie icing
- This comes in a plastic soft pack with the attached piping tip and it dries hard. Betty Crocker makes a version, as well as Great Value store brand. If you’d prefer to make your own royal icing feel free to do so but the “field lines” will only use a small amount!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray the parchment with baking spray very lightly
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows
- Turn off the heat and stir in cereal and mix until fully coated in marshmallow mixture
- Press the mixture into a roughly 9×12 rectangle. The mixture should be about 1 inch thick.
- Prepare the green icing for the top of the fields. Buy green cookie icing or use three to four drops of green food coloring into white icing and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Take the cooled krispy treats and cut them into squares using a square cookie cutter or freehanding with a lightly greased butter knife. Use the cookie icing to draw the green football field on the krispie. Use the white decorating icing to draw the field lines.
- Allow icing time to dry before packaging.
- Package in square cellophane bag, fold over to seal, place football sticker in right bottom corner on the outside of the bag.