Blondies with Pecan Praline Sauce
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes approximately 48 (2-inch) squares
- Baking spray
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (11-ounce) package butterscotch morsels
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (leave out if Allergic to tree nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a (13 x 18-inch) rimmed sheet pan with baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Place the butterscotch and butter in a heat-safe glass bowl. Melt the butterscotch in the bowl set over a pot of hot (not boiling) water. Remove from the heat and transfer the melted mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the brown sugar into the butterscotch mixture. Cool at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract into the butterscotch mixture. Blend in the flour mixture and stir in the nuts. Stir to fully combine all ingredients.
- Spread the blondie batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- After praline sauce has been made, spoon over the cut blondies and top with more chopped pecans, if desired.
Optional Praline Sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Tony Cachere’s® Praline Honey Ham Injectable Marinade
- ¾ cup pecan halves, roughly chopped, optional (leave out if Allergic to tree nuts)
Stir together the sweetened condensed milk and the marinade in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through and slightly thickened. Stir well.