- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- Dash salt
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, salt, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add in the milk. Stir and heat until hot. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla. Beat with a whisk until foamy.
- Keep warm in a slow cooker (set to warm or low heat).
- 1 Bag chocolate chips
- Plastic or bamboo spoons
- Crushed candy canes
- Mini Marshmallows
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Cellophane bags
- Peppermint sticks, optional for dipping
- Melt Chocolate according to package directions.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Dip plastic spoons in chocolate, from the bowl of the spoon down.
- Place spoons on wax paper to dry.
- Repeat with peppermint sticks if you like peppermint hot chocolate.
- Add toppings such as crushed candy canes, sprinkles, and mini marshmallows to the chocolate spoons while the chocolate is still wet.
- Serve with hot chocolate or package in clear cellophane bags with ribbon.