Prep Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Yield: 12 slider sandwiches
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated sweet Vidalia onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Durkee’s sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 package (12-count) sweet Hawaiian rolls
- ½ pound thinly sliced ham
- 4 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, grated onion, Worcestershire, poppy seeds, Durkees, yellow mustard, and brown sugar. Stir until well blended.
- Remove the dinner rolls from the package and split the rolls in half. I use a long serrated knife to slice through the entire package of rolls to split them in half while leaving them as a whole. Place the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared baking dish, cut side up.
- Spread half of the butter mixture on the bottom half of the rolls.
- Layer the sliced ham and sliced swiss cheese on top. Top with the top half of the dinner rolls.
- Pour the remaining butter mixture on top of the rolls and brush to spread.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let the rolls cool slightly before cutting and serving.