Prep time: 35 to 40 minutes
Bake Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: Makes approximately 24 crescents
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Apple jelly, optional
- Hot honey, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the butter over medium heat. Saute the onions until they are soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the cayenne.
- Add in the cheese and mix well.
- Using a 2 ¼-inch biscuit cutter, cut the pastry sheet into medium-sized rounds. Brush each round with egg.
- Add a teaspoon of the cheese mixture to each pastry round.
- Fold over in half, creating a half-moon shape, and seal the edges with a fork. Place on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Before enjoying, you can choose to add a drizzle of warmed apple jelly or a drizzle of hot honey. Warm the apple jelly in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat and warm just enough until it is able to be drizzled.