- 14 oz. pizza dough (room temperature)
Garlic Butter Coating
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp pre-minced garlic)
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sheet pans
- Pastry brush
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- Small saucepan
- Cutting board
- Small knife (mince parsley)
- Pizza cutter or knife
- Rolling pin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set out 2 large baking sheets and line them with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces and flatten into rectangles.
- Working with one piece at a time, flatten into rough 4×5-inch rectangles.
- Slice the dough rectangle into strips using a pizza wheel or a knife to make 4 long 1×5-inch strips.
- Roll each 1-inch strips into long cylindrical shapes (like a snake) and then tie it in a knot. Set each knot down on the baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Remember to leave some space between each knot.
- Brush the tops of the knots with olive oil.
- Bake the knots in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until nicely browned on top.
- While the garlic knots are baking, melt the butter in a small pot and cook the garlic gentle in it just long enough to take off the raw garlic edge, about 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat. add the salt and parsley and stir to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Once the knots are done, take them out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Pain the garlic-butter mixture and serve.