- 6 large baking potatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick matchsticks
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Cooking Spray
- Oven Mitt
- Large bowls
- Cutting boards
- Dry kitchen towels
- Sheet pans
- Cooking spray
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Scrub the potatoes and peel if desired. Cut the potatoes into ¼” round slices. Handout 1-2 slices to each camper. Slice into 1/4-inch-wide sticks. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, then pour very hot tap water over the top so that it covers the potatoes by at least 1 inch. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, transfer to a clean towel and pat the potatoes dry.
- In a dry, large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer
- Cook until golden crisp, about 35 minutes
- Remove the fries with a spatula and season with salt