- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely grated or powdered parmesan
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sauce for serving
- Baking sheets (2)
- Parchment paper
- Cutting board (Red for raw chicken)
- Measuring spoons and cups
- 2 shallow dishes
- Serving plate and sauce bowl
- Cooking spray
- Mixing bowls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread panko out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a small mixing bowl, then add parmesan and thyme. Toss until combined. Rinse off baking sheet, then cover with parchment paper. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Place flour and eggs in a separate shallow dish.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Generously season the chicken with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- One at a time, add a piece of chicken to the flour, and toss until coated, shaking off excess. Then dip it in egg until coated. Make sure to get excess egg wash off of the chicken before transferring into step. Then transfer to panko mixture, and toss until it is completely coated (It may work best by placing the chicken in the bowl with panko and pouring panko on top of the chicken).
- Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve chicken nuggets warm with dipping sauce, if desired.