- 1/2 c butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c AP flour
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 c fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
For the Topping
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups.
- In a bowl, mix butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- With a spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Mix together the granulated sugar and ground nutmeg for the topping.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.