Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 – 8×4” loaf
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1, 15.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Grease an 8×4 loaf pan and sprinkle 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar to coat bottom and sides
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, applesauce, and cake mix. Mix until well blended.
- Scoop one cup of batter into the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar over the batter
- Add two more cups of batter to the loaf pan, spread evenly
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean