Earth Day Dirt Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves: 8
- 1 (15.5-ounce) package of Oreos
- 3 ½ cups of milk
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes of Hershey Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 16 gummy worms
- 8 – clear 8 oz. plastic cups or 4” Terra Cotta flower pots
- Plastic wrap (if using flower pots)
- 8 artificial Gerbera daisies, optional
- Put the Oreos in a gallon size Ziplock bag. Take a rolling pin and crush the Oreos until they resemble crumbs. This can also be done in the food processor.
- Mix the pudding and milk together with a hand mixer. Stir in the Cool Whip until combined, then set aside.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Then, beat in the powdered sugar.
- Stir the butter mixture into the pudding mix until well combined.
- Put just enough Oreo crumbs on the bottom of the cup to cover it.
- Layer ½ cup of pudding mix, ¼ cup of Oreo crumbs, ¼ cup of pudding in eight cups. Smooth the pudding in each layer with a spoon before adding the crumbs.
- Top each cup with the last of the Oreo crumbs.
- Add gummy worms to hang over the edge and curl on top.
- For a special touch, use Terra Cotta flower pots as the cup for your dirt dessert. Line the inside with plastic wrap before filling with pudding mixture and crumbs.
- Complete the steps for filling each cup and finish with Oreo crumbs on top, a Gerbera daisy and gummy worms.
This dessert is best served chilled and can be refrigerated for 3 – 5 days.
Check out @veryveracamp on Instagram and Facebook for a fun reel on creating this delicious treat!
(Inspired by https://www.mashed.com/460368/easy-dirt-cake-recipe/)